Flaxseed oil is natural seed oil which is cold pressed from flaxseeds and high in vitamin E and Omega-3 fatty acids. The Latin name for flax, Linium usitatissimum, means ‘the most useful plant’. Research claims that cold-pressed flax seed oil contains 2.5 times more Omega 3 fatty acid than cod liver oil, but the flavour is significantly better. As a result, flax seed oil is used in both folk medicine and cooking. Food specialists say that Omega 3 fatty acids should form part of the daily diet of sportsmen.
HOW TO USE
Folk medicine: take flax seed oil 1-3 times a day, 1 tablespoon 15-20 minutes before eating. Use for 1.5-2 months, then take a break of 2-3 weeks before resuming.
- Used mixed into different products such as mayonnaise, yoghurt or margarine.
- Eaten with other products such as cheese, honey, fruit or syrups
- Added to cold and hot dishes like oatmeal, baked goods, sauces and salads.
- Please note: not designed for heat treatmen
- Cold-pressed flax seed oil
- 150 ml
- Room temperature, in a cool and dark place when opened
|Omega-3 fatty acids||50,08||g/100g|